DVDBurn V 0.9.7.0
This program is a GUI to create Video
DVD without menus. The following functions can be executed:
It is a graphical interface, that
means work is done by commandline programs (VIO).
- Encode video material
- Creating DVD structure
- Creating the image(s) to burn
- Burn the image(s) on DVD
The following programs are needed:
Newest versions of ffmpeg and
dvdauthor can be found here:
In the moment there is the newest (test) build as http://smedley.info/ffmpeg.zip.
This version off DVDBurn
only works correct with the newest versions of ffmpeg together, for
video bitrate and audio bitrate DVDBurn connects automatically a
"k" after the bitrate, because ffmpeg assumes that the values comes in
bit/s if there is no "k".
Mkisofs2 is part of the extended Cdrtools2 package. This and dvddao
can be loaded from Hobbes server. In the moment the following links
Some of the programs need special dlls, please look in the readme files.
To get the program DVDBurn.exe running the file VROBJ.DLL must be
present, normally eCS and OS/2 users have already this file. If not you can download it here.
First some settings have to adjust, click
"settings" to do this...
On the first page a path for
target files has to set. At later working in this folder subfolders
with name of the DVD (label) are created. Direct in this folder the
encoded MPG files and the logfiles are stored.
The options for deleting folders and files should not be set until all
works properly. If there are problems the logfile should not be deleted.
"POST command" is executed after all actions have successful endet. Her
for example can be set a command to shut down the computer.
It can be set a video player program, I have tested only with WarpVision.
On the ffmpeg page the following settings are to make:
The other settings are optional.
The TV standard normally can be "auto", but for some source files (eg.
DivX-AVI) ffmpeg cannot determine the standard, then you can set it.
- complete path to ffmpeg.exe
- Video bitrate
- Audio bitrate
The path for encoded files may be set if the common path not should be
used for the encoded mpeg files.
for the DVDAuthor normally the path is enough. TV standard and aspect
ratio optionally can be parsed to DVDAuthor.
Here only the path of mkisofs2 is necessary.
On the dvddao page the path to
dvddao.exe and the device id of your recording device (eg. 0,1,0) are
to specify. Beginning from dvddao V 1.1.4 instead of this the drive
letter can be used.
There may be error messages of
dvddao that not hinder an successful burning process. Such messages can
be added in the list. DVDBurn this messages not detects as errors.
With "OK" the settings are saved and the windows is closed.
The main window:
In the main window the desired
actions must be checked. With the "+" button
are files (*.AVI, *.MPG, *.MOV, *.WMV) selected to encode, with "-" deleted from the
In the right list the target filenames are shown how they will be created.
pressing "Calc size" the fileinfos of all source files are collected
and the target sum size is calculated and shown as "Estimated space".
you want to get the fileinfos of a file select it in the list and press
the right mouse button to show the menupoint to get the informations.
In the folder that is specified in the settings for target files a
subdirectory with the "DVD-name" created.
Click on "Start" button executes the checked actions.
The checkbox of the running action is deactivated ("Transcode Files" in
Pressing the button "Blank media" a
window with funtions for deleting
DVD-RW and quick formatting DVD+RW is shown.
- split - split images for dvddao in 1 GB files (must be checked if
whole amount is bigger than 2 GB and the target files are not saved on
a JFS volume)
- pipe - by mkisofs2 created data are not saved to image but piped
direct to dvddao
The log list can be cleared with the
button "Clear" and the contents of the logfile can be shown in a
separate window with "Show logfile".
To cancel a running action you must
only close the running VIO application. DVDBurn recognises this a
moment later and shows the cancel message.
- Translation implemented, lang_en.txt and lang_de.txt delivered, others can be created from existing
- Maked red labels for mandatory settings
- Listbox for target mpg files
- Window for video fileinfos
- Video player can be setted, start it with double click on selected file in list
- In ffmpeg settings a checkbox implemented for ignoring "MV errors"
- Better preinstalled settings
- Target size calculation putted on a button, because it takes some time
- Some improvements for controlling VIO applications
- Adaption to actual ffmpeg version
- Function to call a program after all operations have ended
- Calculation of the bitrate and evaluating target size during adding video files
checkbox removed, now all clips are ever connected, the actual
DVDAuthor does not support commandline variant without XML file
- Adaption to ffmpeg versions from
2006/11/21 or newer
- Correct display of free harddisk
space also on JFS partitions
- Check of "MV errors" for ffmpeg
- if during image creation with
mkisofs the harddisk gets full a cancel message is given and the
program is not starting the burning process
- Display free space on target
- Error in filesize calculation
- fonts for filelist, short log and logfile window can be set with
system font palette
- write speed now can be set for dvddao
- the program now recognises the path of the source files
- DVDBurn now is compatible to DVDBackup
- the logwindow now can be cleared and the contents of the logfile
can be shown
- Support of spaces in folder and filenames
- separate folder for encoded files can be used
- TV system and aspect ration now selectable for DVDAuthor
- DVDBurn tries to use the source files if "Transcode" is not marked
and the source files are MPEG files
- better process management
- Blank-/Format function for RW media improved
- Timeout detection routine improved
- GetFileSize function extended for file sizes with comma delimiter
- new function for fast blanking of DVD-RW and formatting of DVD+RW
- Error fixed in GetFileSize function
- new settings for deleting encoded files, the DVD folder,
the logfile and the imagefile after successful process
- impoved calculation function for size of encoded file(s)
- again improved parser output of VIO programs
- correct handling of files bigger than 2 GB
- error ignore list for dvddao, preset of "Buffer underrun"
- during encoding program tries to evaluate the target filesize
- better error handling (check if files exist and other)
- improved parser for output of VIO programs
- dvddao path was not saved in settings
- Error "Line 72 kbCum = kbCum + kBready" during transcoding fixed
- new option to select systems (PAL,NTSC) in settings available,
useable if automatic detection by ffmpeg doesn't work
- add FileRexx.dll to ZIP file, no program change
You can get DVDBurn
from the download page incl. source code.
DVDBurn is published under the
terms of the GNU
General Public License.